Creating a return by the customer is supported by 2 self-service modules:
- Slim: Allow your customers to register a return and receive a return shipping label. This portal is optimized for desktop, tablet, and mobile. Your customer does not need a 12Return login.
- Advanced: Allow your customer to send a support ticket, register a return request, receive an RMA number, print an on-demand return label, book a pickup appointment, receive services, track the status, and run reports. This portal is optimized for desktop. Your customer needs a 12Return login.
Authorizing a return to an RMA is supported in 2 ways:
- Automated: Your customer receives an RMA number and shipping label on-demand.
- Manual: The return appears in the Agent RMA Portal for approval by an agent.
Login to the self-service is supported in multiple ways:
- No login: For the Slim module no login is required
- User Account: Customer can login to the Advanced module with a regular user account
- Organization user account: Customer can login to the Advanced module with an organization user account
Based on the authorization settings, creating a return in the self-service module exists of 4 or 6 steps:
1. Select return type
Users can select a return type to create a new return or continue with a return that has been created before.
2. Enter order number and products
Next, the customer can add products to the return. Adding products is supported in 3 ways:
- The customer enters all information manually;
- The customer selects the product from a product list that is imported in 12Return;
- The customer selects the product from an order that is retrieved from your system through an API.
Depending on your settings the customer may need to fill in various information about a product. Gathering this information is supported by the Surveys feature.
3. Enter sender address details
Next, the customer needs to enter the sender address. Adding the address is supported in 3 ways:
- Default address from the user account;
- Address in the retrieved order.
A postal code check is performed to validate that the postal code complies with international formatting standards.
4. Answer return questions
Depending on your settings the customer may need to fill in various general information about the return. Gathering this information is supported by the Surveys feature.
If authorization is set to "manual", this is the last step in the create a return process. The customer will receive a confirmation screen. Once the return has been authorized the customer will receive the return shipping label by email.
If authorization is set to "automated", the process will continue with step 5.
5. Select shipment type
The customer is asked to select a preferred the shipment type from an available list of options as configured for the return type.
6. Print or download label
Once the last step is completed, the customer will receive a shipment label for download and print. The return shipping label is also emailed.